Building on Keswick Island requires some extra thought and planning regarding logistics. Keswick Developments seek to assist you as much as possible.
Freight for Building
Our step by step guide should make it easier for you to plan deliveries and freight to/from Keswick Island.
- Arrange for your freight to be delivered to Keswick Island via the barge service from Mackay Port.
- Freight may be stored at the barge ramp on Keswick Island for a maximum period of 24 hours before/after a barge run; thereafter the freight needs to be moved to your lot/site.
- Short term storage is available at the barge yard in Mackay.
- For assistance with deliveries or collections in the local Mackay area, contact Brett Curd.
- Keswick Developments has a large range of machinery on the island which can be hired to move freight between the barge ramp and your lot/site. See Plant & Equipment Hire Rates for further details.
Please contact us or Brett Curd 0457520524 0r 0749658043 if you have any questions or would like to organise services for building on the island.
Supply of Materials
Keswick Developments is also able to source building and landscaping materials on your behalf. Refer to the Material Rates for items and rates, or contact Brett Curd for further information.
Contractors on Keswick Island
The easiest way to get your contractors to Keswick Island is via plane. Alternatively, your contractor may accompany your freight on the barge, which has capacity for 6 freight-accompanying passengers.
Accommodation and contractor facilities area available to assist with your building process. All contractors must abide by island health and safety procedures, and must undertake a safety induction prior to works taking place.
Contact us with any further queries regarding contractors on Keswick Island.