Please download Keswick Island Cyclone & Bushfire Information Booklet for information on how to prepare yourself, your family and your home in the event of a cyclone near Keswick Island. Please contact us should you require further information.
For any medical emergency, contact 000.
For first aid, contact Brett Curd on 07 4965 8043 or 0457 520 524.
First aid kits are available at Whale Cottage, Jubilee Cottage and Keswick Kiosk. Refer to maps for locations.
Other Emergency (including fire)
Keswick Island has its own Keswick Island Fire & Rescue team, led by Brett Curd.
- In the event of an emergency, the Fire & Rescue team must be notified as soon as possible on the phone numbers below, or verbally if it is safe to do so.
- Residents, visitors and contractors will be notified of the emergency verbally, by phone and/or an emergency siren will be activated at both the airstrip and the roundabout. Refer to maps for locations.
- Everyone will be required to meet at the evacuation point at the barge ramp, as long as it is safe to do so. Refer to maps for locations.
- If it is unsafe to reach the barge ramp evacuation point, people are required to meet at Basil Bay, as an alternative muster point.
- Every house must have its own evacuation plan, and must maintain a fire pump and tank for Keswick Developments use in an emergency (as per the Keswick Island Design Guidelines and Building Code)
The Keswick Island Fire & Rescue team is lead by Brett Curd, contactable on 07 4965 8043 or 0457 520 524.
Refer to the Fire Management section for further details on prevention.